Deepen your practice, integrate with life
I offer private sessions online (video chat) through a model of transparent generosity. This is donation based through two organizations I am delightfully a part of, Buddhist Geeks (The Heart Mind Foundation) and The Awakening in Life Foundation, both educational non profit 501(c)3). I also offer live training groups in using the same model.
You can schedule a free intro session for us to get to know each other, discuss your experience, needs, and goals, and to see how I might be of help.
Private sessions are 30 minutes or 50 minutes.
*Current students: use the links I emailed you to schedule sessions, or email to get the links again.
On this page you can schedule an intro session, read more about Transparent Generosity, main areas of experience we can explore together, common specific reasons people seek out my support, and the approaches and practices I use in our sessions.
Big areas of experience we can explore together
Most everything we might explore together fits into one of these for categories of practice, inspired from the ‘4 ups’ from Integral Dharma.
Waking up as presence.
Experiencing ourselves as presence – already whole, spacious, luminous, wondrously mysterious, inextricably interconnected with everyone and everything right from the start. Learning to rest as this presence, receptive and spontaneously responding moment to moment.
Healing from fragmentation to wholeness (cleaning up).
Healing and liberating constricting patterns resulting from pain in our past that limits our embodied presence in our daily life. Reclaiming more of who we already are right now – our embodied being, our knowing, our voice, our power, our safety, our love, and our connection with others and the world.
Maturing into fullness to meet the complexity, demands, and richness of our lives.
Waking up and cleaning up alone are not enough to adequately respond to the complex problems and crises we all face. We must also grow up – embrace the unfolding nature of ourselves and reality, open to ever greater depth and breadth, stretch to see what we’ve never seen, become what we’ve never been.
Embodying all of who we are so we can show up for our lives and flourish together.
To love in action, to work in wisdom, to serve in whatever ways we are called, for our loved ones, our communities and the planet.
Private mentoring sessions with Ryan Oelke are offered on a donation basis, using a transparent generosity model. The amount you give is entirely up to you (♥️) but you’re invited to consider the suggested amount ($120/hr), as well as your particular life situation when donating. All donations are tax-deductible in the United States.
A few reasons people work with me:
- Systematic or customized support.
- Both practitioners looking for a systematic training or path of practice AND those who already have a path(s) and are looking for additional support, branching out to augment their practices.
- Seekers of awakening trying hard to have their first big breakthrough, awakening experience.
- Embodiment meditation and practices.
- Navigating difficult phases and moments in a path of awakening, healing, and life.
- Navigating stages of awakening
- Various models, but including Waves of Wakefulness
- Dissolving the separation between practice and life
- So your awakenings feel like who you really are, not simply a special experience that happens on the cushion (and so your practice and life don’t feel in opposition).
- Folks struggling with social anxiety, panic attacks, and depression
- Who want to integrate their practice of deep meditation with the healing work they are doing with mental health professionals.
- Spiritually sensitive individuals
- Spanish Speakers.
- I have an advanced level of fluency.
- Anyone who speaks English as a second language.
- I’m attuned to unique communication style and needs of ESL speakers.
Approaches and practices I use:
I suggest, guide, and support practices based on your needs at any given moment, checking in with both your intuition and my intuition, and ultimately trusting you to decide if we proceed with a suggested technique. That being said, here are the general approaches and techniques I incorporate as needed:
- Buddhist Geeks Guide and Approach
- Six Way of Meditating
- Awareness, Embodiment, Inquiry, Heartfulness, Mindfulness, Concentration
- Phases of Insight
- Waves of Wakefulness
- Social Mediation
- Six Way of Meditating
- The Realization Process
- 50+ exercises from all three primary areas of practice: Meditation, Embodiment, Healing Ground
- The Realization Process is a direct path to embodied nondual awakening. It is a series of powerful but gentle, precise attunement practices for realizing your own nature as fundamental consciousness– an undivided expanse of luminous transparency, pervading your body and environment as a unity.
- Awareness Training/Dzogchen
- Teachings and Practices I co-developed in our Buddhist Geeks Awareness Training
- Teachings from Dzogchen and inspired practices and guidance
- Counseling/Psychology (Master’s Degree)
- Integral Dharma
- This is the larger framework within I work, inspired by Ken Wilber’s Integral Theory
- Practices and teachings from our Integral Dharma Training at Buddhist Geeks