About Ryan Oelke
Meditation & Dharma Teacher
Ryan is a co-founder of Buddhist Geeks, and founder of Awakening in Life. He is a is a Buddhist Geeks teacher, and is a fully certified teacher in Judith Blackstone’s Realization Process (Meditation, Embodiment, Healing Ground, Trauma Repair). Ryan also has an MSEd in counseling psychology and 18+ years experience in meditation, particularly in the Tibetan Buddhist and Dzogchen lineages.
Ryan teaches an integral path of embodied, responsive presence and invites others into the mystery of their own lived experience and embodiment. His approach is grounded in the foundation of waking up, and includes cleaning up (healing), growing up, and showing up in the world.
He lives in the beautiful mountains of Asheville, North Carolina with his partner Alyssa and step-daughter Fiona.
- Co-Founder of Buddhist Geeks
- Buddhist Geeks Teacher
- Fully Certified Teacher in Judith Blackstone’s The Realization Process
- All three areas of RP: Nondual Meditation, Healing Ground, Embodiment
- Certified in Advanced Trauma Repair
- Founder, Teacher at Awakening in Life
- MSEd Counseling Psychology
- 18+ years of meditation practice and study
- Speaks Spanish – Certified Advanced in ACTFL
- Board member of Heart Mind Foundation
- Former: Founder, CEO of PowerUp Productions
- BA Spanish, Music Performance, Sound Engineering
- MA Indo-Tibetan Buddhism, Tibetan Language (partial)